Thursday, May 5, 2011

Flowering Spring

I haven't posted many cards lately, but I have been busy with them. I just often forget to take pictures. Or they were quick creations that get stuck in an envelope before a picture can get snapped, and then I think "Oops! I licked that envelope stuck too fast!"

But lately, I've slowed down long enough to drag the camera out, so I thought I'd show you a couple of my favourites.

This first one uses the masking technique. I haven't done much with this technique before, but I was extremely pleased with the results. Not only are these two of my favourite colours together (Perfect Plum and So Safron from SU!), but it uses the wonderful stamp set Greenhouse Garden.
Ah...I could look at that card all day, except that it is destined for a lovely new friend who spent the day showing me how to make bread with leaven. So a picture will have to do.

Here is one I just finished today. A lovely spring fling. A birthday card for a girl in love with blue. I got the surprising colour combination from an old Stamping 411 Colour Inspiration (thank goodness for old posts which pick you up when you need creative incentive!) which I picked because it included blue. When I looked at all the other colours, I wasn't sure how I was going to do it, but little by little it took shape. I think I may just do another one like this, I loved it so much. There is nothing like that lovely little Boho Blossoms punch!I also tried my hand with one of those little crumpled roses using the scallop punch in all the flower colours (Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight DSP). I only had ink in Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight, so paper was the key with this one! I really love how bright this card is, and I'm sure that it will please the lovely birthday lady too!

Lastly is a card for my little niece. Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Perfect Plum...must be for a princess! I do hope that she'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it for her.
Isn't this one a cutey? And here's a little peek inside. It's always fun to dress up the inside a little bit too! Hope you've enjoyed these latest creations. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Toujours aussi belles tes cartes
    Les noeuds sont splendidement réussis
    yannick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mer!! I tried to email you back but it did not work. I wanted to answer your question that you left on my blog about getting ribbon to stay stuck on my cards. I do put down stricky strip and then apply the ribbon gathering it as I go. I do make sure that I press ribbon directly onto the stricky strip flat and then gather then stick ribbon flat then gather. I hope this makes sense?? I have been asked alot about this so I might do a video on it. Take care and thanks for visiting my blog!! By the way your cards are cute!!

    ReplyDelete