Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thinking Spring?


Last night I was browsing on Utah Divas International's website and their entry for Tuesday's challenge was "Think Spring". That made me kind of laugh because here in France we've really not had winter at all this year...which is wonderful, scary and sad. Wonderful because we've been able to get out and do stuff outside quite comfortably--and not drive around in snowy conditions. Scary because the spring months could be quite wet. Everyone here says we'll pay for the mild temperatures yet! And sad because snow is actually good for some things (snowshoeing, skiing, making snow angels) and we haven't been able to do those things.

Of course, this week is rainy and overcast, there are not any flowers to speak of yet and the farmers aren't seeding the fields quite yet. SOooo...I guess you could say that a little boost of spring thinking will do even me a bit of good!


I loved the colours for the challenge and it was the perfect excuse to try out some of my new stamps from the Sale-a-bration that I hadn't quite got to yet...Sweet Summer. Hmmm...perhaps there is a seasons theme here? Well let's get to some pictures!

The card is simple, but bright. I suppose I could have added more, but sometimes, less is more.

I was excited to use a chocolate chip base that has been folded and waiting around to be loved for a while now. I am sure he had lost all hope. Not any longer. The inside flap gives this a different look from many of my other cards.

That Melon Mambo is a fun colour isn't it? Coupled with Certainly Celery and you can't go wrong. Thanks to everyone over at UDI. This is the first challenge I've done there, but it probably won't be the last. I had fun with this!

1 comment: